Over the course of treatment at BodyMindTherapy Clinic Ltd, information is gathered that allows our therapists to make an informed professional decision regarding appropriate assessment and treatment methods to be used.
The information will include basic data (name, date of birth, address etc.) as well as other information which may be considered relevant. Examples of this are:
- The nature of the problems you are facing.
- A history of the problem (and any others).
- Relevant family history.
- Areas of behaviour related to the problem(s).
- Any other information necessary to make an informed judgement regarding assessment and treatment.
Generally, all information gathered over the course of assessment and treatment at BodyMindTherapy Clinic Ltd will confidential. There are several notable exceptions, however, to this confidentiality:
- In the event that the practitioners forms the professional opinion that either the client or another individual is a risk for significant harm, a moral obligation may exist to act on this information with the aim of preventing such harm.
- In the event that a file is subpoenaed to court.
- In the event that a client gives permission to share their information by completing and signing a written consent form.
Use of Information
Information gathered by Private Therapy Clinic is used exclusively for two purposes:
- For the formation of a therapist’s opinion which is used to guide assessment and treatment for the presenting complaint; and
- For the evaluation of the service provided by the clinic, through collation of detailed statistics about referral sources, nature of presenting problems, attendance durations, etc. In all cases where information is used for statistical purposes, no identifying information is made available.
Requests for information may be made to Jacqueline Pullen, BodyMindTherapy Clinic, 42 Bradfield Road, Sheffield, S6 2BS. Requests should be specific as to the exact information required and should be acknowledged within 14 days in writing.
Once a request for information is received, the Clinic Manager will conduct a thorough database review and collate the information in an appropriate manner to ensure adequate and full understanding on the part of the requesting person.
Procedure for Compliance/Rectifying Information
Official complaints or requests to change inaccurate or erroneous information should be made to the Jacqueline Pullen, BodyMindTherapy Clinic, 42 Bradfield Road, Sheffield, S6 2BS . In such cases, the Clinic Manager will conduct a review of the information held by the clinic and make every effort to ensure that such information is accurate.