- November 13, 2015
- Comments: 0
- Posted by: Harriet
What is the treatment?
In growing up and growing old, many of us seek stability, love, and a sense of purpose in sharing our lives with someone we identify as a partner. Listening and understanding each other, and conveying the understanding of our thoughts and feelings, can be uncomfortable and anxiety provoking As individuals we have physical, intellectual, sexual, spiritual and emotional needs. It is an ongoing process of discussion, negotiation, compromise and adaptation that requires motivation and effort, for the partnership to remain healthy.
Sometimes we may need some sensitive and skilled attention to help us move out of repetitive patterns of behaviour which creates strong negative emotions that are overwhelming for either person in the relationship.
What are the benefits of the treatment?
- We can facilitate constructive communication between you, as you focus on understanding your own needs, those of your partner, and how you can reinvest in the relationship and behave in ways which value your togetherness and your individuality.
- As you embark on this process you may be undecided or unclear if it is your intention and desire to develop the relationship or to end and leave the relationship. You are welcome to explore this individually or as a couple.
Who can benefit from the treatment?
Different life stages may trigger difficulties. As a couple you may be solution focused or you may simply need time, space and a renewed sense of energy to consider and evaluate your priorities. This can all help to form a shared understanding of how to manage your current circumstance, problem or dilemma.
- Our meetings would be agreed at intervals that match your requirements and increase your opportunities to practice skills and behaviours in between sessions.
- Working alongside you, I can assist you in identifying the changes you want to make, and helping you clarify and confront any obstacles.
- When you are clear that you have achieved the balance of intimacy and independence that you need and want, you may choose to meet for occasional follow up sessions, as a positive and proactive strategy.