- November 15, 2015
- Comments: 0
- Posted by: Harriet
What is the treatment?
Individually, in pairs or small groups, we can learn about our preferred ways of communicating and expressing our amazing repertoire of being and doing. Themes of assertion and power, identity and self esteem, femininity and masculinity, and how we celebrate, accept, punish or deny our selves in our bodies can be an empowering and fascinating journey. Sessions are held in our welcoming Garden Therapy Space.
- Movement psychotherapy and movement play therapy can be facilitated for a child and an adult parent or carer.
- Relationship issues and attachment patterns can be illuminated and developed, and children can explore physical co ordination, impulse control, creative expression and co operation and assertion skills.
- No previous experience is required for children or adults.
How does the treatment work?
How we live in our bodies is a dynamic and complex interaction of our psychology and emotions, our physiology and anatomy, and our social and cultural influences. Through spontaneous movement improvisations and structured phrases of movement, we offer a powerful and pleasurable way of learning how we interpret the world through our body and mind process.
Who can it benefit?
Creative and authentic movement therapy is useful for any individual or couple of any age and without any previous experience.
Sports Performance / artistic performance
You may be an interested amateur or an aspirational professional in individual or team sports, or artistic and theatrical performance. For an increased sense of confidence and competence, I will use NLP (neuro linguistic programming) techniques, EMDR / CBT, applied to your personal needs or goals. Sometimes negative self beliefs interfere with your ability to express yourself or achieve your chosen outcomes. These may be consciously understood, or be old and forgotten messages of criticism or judgment which inhibit you in your performance.
With rapid results you will be encouraged to continue learning and developing your skills to feel like a winner. I can teach you strategies for coping with performance anxiety and you will find yourself enjoying your participation and achievements more and more on the stage, at the golf course or anywhere you choose to challenge yourself.
Recovery from physical and psychological consequences of injury for dancers, athletes
If you are struggling in your rehabilitation, and you have received expert and specialist help for your physical symptoms without much relief or gain, then you may be interested in an exploration of your psychological understanding of how any accident/experience of injury interacts with your current physical limitations or pain.
If you are feeling hopelessness, shame, anguish and the physical sensations of chronic pain, please meet with me to discuss the various ways of improving your life now. Using an integrated approach of mindfulness therapy, EMDR and hypnosis you may surprise yourself in how much change is achievable.
More about mind / body movement therapies
- If required, talking therapies can be combined with expressive arts/movement techniques
- If you would like to utilise movement, sessions are held on a wooden sprung floor in a light and airy space at the side of the river, in the Hope Centre
- I work with individuals or couples, children and also small group sessions with up to 8 people